Learn about the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 football results and scores from the matches played in Qatar. Get group standings and knockout round scorecards, including the final. From November 20 to December 18, 32 elite national teams from five different confederations competed in Qatar for the title of football world champions.
See also : Lionel Messi has won the World Cup 2022
The 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar maintained a familiar structure, with the 32 countries grouped into eight groups of four teams each (Groups A through H). In the group stage of the tournament, the teams in each group played in a single-headed round-robin style.
The Qatar FIFA World Cup 2022 groups are as follows:
- Qatar, Ecuador, Senegal, and the Netherlands comprise Group A.
- Group B consists of England, Iran, the United States, and Wales.
- Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, and Poland comprise Group C.
- Group D consists of France, Australia, Denmark, and Tunisia.
- Group E consists of Spain, Costa Rica, Germany, and Japan.
- Belgium, Canada, Morocco, and Croatia are in Group F.
- Brazil, Serbia, Switzerland, and Cameroon comprise Group G.
- Group H consists of Portugal, Ghana, Uruguay, and South Korea.
The top two teams from each of the eight groups advanced to the knockout round, which started with the Round of 16. The final was held on December 18, with the third-place match taking place on December 17. The FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 was held at eight different locations in and around Doha.
All FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 results, point tables, and standings for each group, as well as all knockout round scores, including the final, can be found here:
FIFA World Cup 2022: Results, Scores, and Points Table for Group Stage
Group A standings for the FIFA World Cup 2022
Results and scores for Group A
- Ecuador 0-2 Qatar (Enner Valencia 16′, 31′)
- Senegal 0-2 Netherlands (84′ Cody Gakpo, 90+9′ Davy Klaassen)
- Qatar 1-3 (Md Muntari 78′). Senegal (41′ Boulaye Dia, 48′ Famara Diedhio, 84′ B Dieng)
- Netherlands (Cody Gakpo 6′) vs. Ecuador 1-1 (Enner Valencia 49′)
- Ecuador (Moisés Caicedo, 67′) Senegal 1-2 (Ismaila Sarr 44′, Kalidou Koulibaly 70′)
- Netherlands 2-0 Qatar (Cody Gakpo 26′, Frenkie de Jong 49′)
Table of FIFA World Cup 2022 Group B points
Results and scores for Group B
- England (35′, Bukayo Saka 43′, 62′, Raheem Sterling 45+1, Marcus Rashford 71′, Jack Grealish 90+1′) Iran 6-2 (Mehdi Taremi 65′, 90+13′)
- 1-1 draw between the United States (Timothy Weah 36′) and Wales (Gareth Bale 82′).
- Iran 0-2 Wales (Rouzbeh Cheshmi 90+8′, Ramin Rezaeian 90+11′)
- England vs. USA, 0-0
- England 0-3 Wales (Marcus Rashford 50′, 68′, Phil Foden 51′)
- Iran 1-0 USA (Christian Pulisic 38′)
Table of FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Group C points
Results and scores for Group C
- Argentina (Lionel Messi 10′) defeated Saudi Arabia 1-2 (Saleh Alshehri 48′, Salem Aldawsari 53′).
- Mexico vs. Poland, 0-0
- Poland (39′ Piotr Zielinski, 82′ Robert Lewandowski) Saudi Arabia is defeated 2-0.
- Argentina (64′ Lionel Messi, 87′ Enzo Fernandez) Mexico 2-0
- Argentina 0-2 Poland (Alexis MacAllister 46′, Julian Alvarez 67′)
- Saudi Arabia (90+5′ Salem Aldawsari) Mexico 1-2 (47′ Henry Martin Mex, 52′ Luis Chavez)
Table of FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Group D points
Results and scores for Group D
- Denmark defeated Tunisia 1-0.
- Match: France 4-1 Australia (Craig Goodwin 9′) (Adrien Rabiot 27′, Olivier Giroud 32′, 71′, Kylian Mbappe 68′).
- Australia 0-1 Tunisia (Mitchell Duke 23′)
- France (Kylian Mbappe 61′, 86′) defeated Denmark (Andreas Christensen 68′) 2-1.
- Australia 1-0 Denmark (Mathew Leckie 60′)
- Tunisia 1-0 France (Wahbi Khazri 58′)
Table of FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Group E points
Results and scores for Group E
- Germany (Ikay Gundogan, 33′) Japan 1–2 (Ritsu Doan 75′, Takuma Asano 83′)
- Match: Spain (Dani Olmo 11′, Marco Asensio 21′, Ferran Torres 31′, 54′, Gavi 74′, Carlos Soler 90+2′) Costa Rica wins 7-0.
- Japan defeated Costa Rica 1-0 (Keysher Fuller 81′).
- Spain (Alvaro Morata 62′) drew 1-1 with Germany (Niclas Fullkrug 83′).
- Japan (Ritsu Doan 48′, Ao Tanaka 51′) won the match. Spain 2-1 (Alvaro Morata 11′)
- Costa Rica (58′, Manuel Neuer (OG) 70′) 2-4 Germany (Serge Gnabry 10′, Kai Havertz 73′, 85′, Niclas Fullkrug 89′)